Thursday, September 10, 2009

Staff

When I think of the National Grange staff, I think of a talented group of people who give 100% to being part of a team whose purpose is helping to create growth in the Grange. Having been a member for over 35 years, I've had the opportunity to work with various National Staff members and on occasion been impressed and at other times disappointed by different people. Over the past two years, I've seen each of our current staff members grow as people, Grange leaders, and as friends.

The credit should always go to the team that achieves the goals. I do not believe that the leader ever does as much as the team, even though they often get much of the credit. I know that my staff team definitely makes me look good, often in spite of what I am doing. Each member of this National Grange staff team does great work, exceeds my expectations and adds value to our efforts. They understand that they are working for the local Grange members.

Each staff member brings different skills and abilities to their various tasks. They are willing to wear different hats and help each other as needed. I am proud to be given the opportunity to lead this talented team and truly look forward to each day that we work together on behalf of the Grange.

No matter what their title or job, your National Grange staff has earned my appreciation and I hope our members will appreciate what they do for our organization. I challenge any member who has a pleasant experience when dealing with one of our staff to send them an email, with a cc to me, thanking them for their effort. It is a human trait to gripe when we are dissatisfied, are you willing to brag when you're pleased?

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment